No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Crystal Goblet. Folded foot. SD Initials. ID = Leerdam  (Read 2048 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Crystal Goblet. Folded foot. SD Initials. ID = Leerdam
« on: July 10, 2015, 09:05:13 AM »
Title says it all really.  I have only seen the folded foot on antique glasses before (I have a very limited knowledge lol) came with a lot of Whitefriars, Murano and Scandinavian glass. The Whitefriars glasses have the same domed foot finish as this but I got nowhere with that guess. It is 19cm in height with the initials SD on the foot. Thanks
Pete. :-)

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Crystal Goblet. Folded foot. SD Initials
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 02:35:12 PM »
http://www.depotleerdam.nl/nl/product/roemer-taverne-h15-cm/
http://www.deglasgraveur.nl/royal-leerdam-crystal-taverne-kelk

Have been using these for wine for many years. Wonderful weight, nice folded and domed foot and hand made.

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Re: Crystal Goblet. Folded foot. SD Initials
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 05:36:20 PM »
Thanks Ivo. It does have a great ring and a quality feel. Any idea on SD ?  Not on my laptop for translation of the pages.  Now I need to find someone with the initial C that would like a glass. Shame it's only the one. Thanks again Ivo. 
Pete. :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand