No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stuart/Stonier Park Lane Cut  (Read 580 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Stuart/Stonier Park Lane Cut
« on: August 02, 2015, 07:31:23 PM »
After reading the threads on here on Stonier etc I can't seem to find anything online apart from on here that helps in any way with items supplied by Stuart to Stonier then the Liners. This is my third find with these links. Four wave pattern glasses the Stuart R Pierce vase and now 5 of these. I seem to hit brick walls on this subject. Has anyone got links that will help.?? I would like to pin down the vase mostly but a better understanding and more knowledge will help.
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Stuart/Stonier Park Lane Cut
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 08:21:13 PM »
I'm not sure I understand your question.  ???

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 06:02:58 PM »
I agree, not very clear. Thinking out loud again. Does anyone have any helpful links that I can try to get more information on the pieces.?    I might just be using the wrong search criteria  ???
Pete. :-)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 07:36:01 PM »
I still don't understand. You know they are Stuart pieces. You know they were retailed by Stonier, which was owned by Stuart until 1997. Stonier didn't just supply to the liners; they had a great big department store in Liverpool and likely supplied by mail order too. I disagree with Bernard that Stonier mainly supplied to liners; selling to the shipping companies was just one aspect of their business.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 08:20:02 AM »
see my comments elsewhere on Pete's Reg. Pierce vase.           Could be wrong, but a link between Pierce's more up-market wave/marine type designs - whilst he was with Stuart from 1937 to 1939  - and the retailer Stonier may presently be unsubstantiated.               Plenty of Stuart utility type glass does have that connection of course - i.e. those with the -S-, but possibly not Pierce's designs.
Broadfield House Glass Museum might be able to help  -  they did communicate with Pierce around 1999, and so might have more information for you.        Speak to them.

What sort of designs Pierce was producing whilst employed with Stonier in the early 1930's, I'm not sure  -  perhaps some are shown in C.H., but I don't know. .........   must have a look.

As for Stuart designs in general, am I correct in thinking that we have discussed previously here that Mervyn Gulliver either published or in some way had a connection with producing a detailed resume of Stuart patterns/designs?         Could be wrong, but it rings a bell  -  the only problem is that I think it was a very limited publication, and doubtless very difficult to source in the ordinary way.
Could be that this would contain more information on Pierce designs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand