No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Walsh 'fruiting vine' maybe ?  (Read 1004 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Walsh 'fruiting vine' maybe ?
« on: August 05, 2015, 03:28:54 PM »
4.25 inches tall, good weight with wear, help please, ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Walsh 'fruiting vine' maybe ?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:55:00 PM »
Hi Keith  -  I can't see the leaves clearly enough in your pix, but the give-a-way for Walsh 'Fruiting Vine is the clear centres to the leaves.

If you look at my first pictures in this link  ..    http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,45302.msg253002.html#msg253002
it should give you an idea of what I mean.              You can also see the same effect in Roy's finger bowls.

Without going through Reynolds book (those drawings again), I don't recall if they did your shape.             What would you say yours is - a rummer or a goblet?
Very nice though. :)

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:41:44 PM »
I think we have a match,  ;D ;D ;D ;D as for whether it's a goblet or rummer I'm not sure, it doesn't sit well in the hand for something you would drink out of, although it might make a good whisky tumbler ! ::) ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 07:36:41 AM »
yours looks more akin to an English rummer shape  -  rudimentary stem and with an ovoid type of bowl  -  I think goblets tend to be taller, with longer stem and perhaps cup shaped bowl.

take it you have searched for a mark  -  they can be very faint at times  -  but would agree a good match for Walsh.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 12:51:52 PM »
Thanks again Paul, no mark to be found, going to look at those eye watering pages in the book now, ::) ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand