No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Possibly) Czech glass vase in lilac and green. ID = Skrdlovice  (Read 3095 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: (Possibly) Czech glass vase in lilac and green. ID = Skrdlovice
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 05:40:20 PM »
Seems plenty of folk get a feeling of ZBS for this, I'm at least not alone.
I'm geting more and more fond of it - it looks at its best from slightly underneath, rather than at eye level.
Thanks for the info. and the links. :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 06:33:13 PM »
Ha!  I knew I knew the vase...  my brain just forgot the details.  :P

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 06:46:17 PM »
 :-*
I know that feeling only too well!

The vase is still sitting on top of my pc box, in front of me, just above eye level, with the paper behind it.
I can admire and see it properly from this position.  :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 08:30:40 PM »
Hi all,
without wanting to appear fickle, revisiting this vase made me remember that there are two patterns that are very similar which were designed by master glassmakers for Skrdlovice in 1963. The other is 6346 by Jan Juda. Both Juda and Spinar were senior glass masters for several decades (and provided designs at times too). I add my photo of the same pattern vase, in yet another unsual colourway for Skrdlovice, a strong cranberry red cased in a smoky steely blue. Because of the mid height depth of the vase in the Juda pattern drawing, compared to the full depth vase drawn for the Spinar 1963 pattern, I view all these as Juda vases. A search on Jindra's Czech glass site will reveal a meeting he had with Juda before Jan Juda died and he was friendly and active to the last. Jindra visited in the company of designer Frantisek Vizner, who got on well with most of the men he had known who spent all their working lives at the furnace and the article shows the down to earth style of these talented men,

Robert (bOBA)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand