Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Belgium and the Netherlands Glass

Art cut amber to uranium lead crystal fruit bowl. ID = Val St Lambert

<< < (14/14)

flying free:
Hi :)

That's good to know. Thank you for providing all the details.  I thought it looked 'familiar'.
It doesn't surprise me that items could be customised. 
I have read somewhere (don't quote me), that glass from VSL was supplied to the USA for cutting as well iirc.

m

Anne Tique:
No that is incorrect, everything was done on the spot. The technique however, did come from America and the name 'taille americaine' or American cut is still used today.

flying free:
flying free said:
'I have read somewhere (don't quote me), that glass from VSL was supplied to the USA for cutting as well iirc.'

Anne Tique said:
'No that is incorrect, everything was done on the spot. The technique however, did come from America and the name 'taille americaine' or American cut is still used today.'

Thank you for clarifying that.

m

flying free:
This is one from the Hermitage Museum collection c.1843

Gold ruby glass over green:

https://www.hermitagemuseum.org/wps/wcm/connect/88acff60-75e4-4300-be1a-79bacb4a413d/WOA_IMAGE_1.jpg?MOD=AJPERES&06a9159f-a5b6-4b6e-8f92-f6b2e378c9f7

"Medici" Vase

Place of creation:

Russia
Manufacture, workshop, firm:

Imperial Glass Factory

Authors:

Designed by: Ivanov, Ivan (?). 1779-1848
Date:

c.1843
Material:

two-layered glass: "gold ruby" and green, bronze
Technique:

carving, painted in gold

Dimensions:

50,0x20,0x20,0 cm

Acquisition date:

Entered the Hermitage in 1962; purchased from a private person

Inventory Number:

ЭРС-2500

https://www.hermitagemuseum.org/wps/portal/hermitage/digital-collection/08.%20applied%20arts/990252/!ut/p/z1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfIjo8zi_R0dzQyNnQ28_J1NXQwc_YMCTIOc_dwNDE30w8EKDHAARwP9KGL041EQhd94L0IWAH1gVOTr7JuuH1WQWJKhm5mXlq8fYWChp5BYUJCTmZqikFhUUqwfYWlpYGRqBHRPFJqJnt7mQBNDTD38_cOcjZxNoArwuKkgNzSiysfDINNRUREAqxx8DA!!/dz/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/?lng=en

CollectoMundi:
Dear all, I can confirm this is a Val Saint Lambert Uranium and orange vase - both colours have been discontinued since many years.

I'd attribute this model to Joseph Simon judging on the cut and the model would be made around 1920-1935

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version