No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Odd chunky triple-cased sommerso vase for I.D.  (Read 746 times)

Offline ckscot

• Members
Odd chunky triple-cased sommerso vase for I.D.
« on: October 23, 2015, 11:10:07 AM »
I was intrigued enough to buy this odd looking chunky (clunky?) little vase and am wondering if a maker could be identified by anyone.  I know it's a big ask for any Murano-like glass but worth a shot.
It has layers of green, red and amber within a thick clear casing, and right in its centre it has a little burst of red again - I daresay there's a more technical way to describe that.  It has the occasional small bubble inside.  It's also extremely heavy for its size, almost 2kg, measuring about 14 cm high x 10 cm at the base, which is flat, matt.
Any ideas gratefully received, thanks, Iain
Iain

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Odd chunky triple-cased sommerso vase for I.D.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 11:49:53 AM »
I think that might be Czechoslovakian glass.  But I don't know enough about it to offer a suggested maker.  Hopefully someone will come along and be able to help you :)

m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline ckscot

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 03:13:09 PM »
Thanks for your reply.   I'm hunting online for Czech glass and through my collection of glass books but nothing yet. As you say, hopefully someone will come along to point me in the right direction.
Iain

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 04:14:49 PM »
It also reminds me of Luigi Onesto Oball sommerso  ::) But looking online there is nothing in that shape.  The sommerso going right up to the rim and the shape, for some reason reminds me of some Czech candle holders or something.  Sorry I can't be more helpful  :-[
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand