No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Decorative glass bottle with stopper  (Read 2025 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: Decorative glass bottle with stopper
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2015, 08:45:27 AM »
Tony Hanning for sure.  Look at this site - the smaller pieces.    http://www.tonyhanning.com/smaller-pieces.html

If you contact him at    https://www.facebook.com/DrTonyHanningArtistTutor/

He will probably confirm it and may be able to shed light on the other marks, etc.  I have met him and he seems most approachable.

Ross

I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Jazzy_d

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Australia
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 01:55:20 AM »
I'd really like to thank everyone for their help here. I didn't see any of the recent replies, and coincidentally walked into an art glass store at Federation Square in Melbourne, and lo and behold, there was some Tony Hanning glass there for sale, and those items were in a very similar style, with reeds but other figures (not dragonflies), and they were larger, about 21cms in height I think, and about $1800, so I would tend to agree with Trevor's guess as to value. Tony Hanning for sure. Thanks everyone!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline brewster

• Members
    • Australia
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 02:22:26 AM »
Thanks for reporting back to the Board.

There is a photo of a bottle just like yours on page 367 of the book described below. This one is in translucent purple and described as 28cm high including a stopper that looks even taller than the one in your photo. It is called simply "Dragonflies" by Tony Hanning.

The book was published 23 years ago, so it is possible your bottle dates from then.

An interesting residual question is: Who made the blank? That is probably too arcane a question for all but the most diehard collector. Ross, any thoughts?

Artfile: a source book of Australian contemporary artists with over 900 illustrations in colour
Editor: Ken Lockwood.
Published: Sydney, Craft Arts International, 1992.

Trevor
See my blog on Australian studio glass. There is now a Facebook page with Australian glass news.
The Glass Puzzles page is back on Facebook. Log in to leave a comment.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2015, 11:39:34 AM »
Given it is not blue - a colour strongly favoured by Stephen Morris in the distant past, it may not be by him.  If you want to send Stephen an email try smglass@dodo.com.au or call him on mobile 0439 615 243(Australian) and he may be able to confirm or deny being the blower of the form.  It would be best to email him with the photos.  Tony Hanning has dragonfly vases in the Town & Country Gallery, Yarragon, VIC at present.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand