No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Close Pack Strathearn  (Read 1354 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Close Pack Strathearn
« on: October 30, 2015, 01:09:20 AM »
Hi all, I need to know if I am right on this being a p14 ? I can find some canes that are close but having doubts. I say Strathearn simply because It came with other Strathearn and Whitefriars. Very sketchy logic I know :-) (and a couple more pieces i am unsure on that I will start new threads on). Thanks
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Close Pack Strathearn
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 05:50:04 PM »
Hi Peter,

Whether it is a Strathearn P14 depends on its size. P14 was the large version (2.7 inch to 3+ inch diameter ... as per Richard More's website for Strathearn weights.

If you were thinking that the canes defined the Reference number, that is not so. All of the carpet / closepack weights had a variety of canes that were mostly made at Strathearn (and they made a lot of canes) but also canes made in earlier years at Vasart Ltd and maybe even some from the Ysart Brothers (Vasart) period.

KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 07:39:05 PM »
Hi KevinH, this is 3 inches wide and 2 1/2 in Height. It was the number of 'Maltese Cross' type canes that I couldn't see in other P14 weights and the Pink Ground was a colour I didnt see. It was probably there but  I was looking at lots of Millefiori and think I was Cane Blind :-). I don't get many weights at all nowadays but couldn't resist it when I saw the Collection this came with. Thanks again KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 08:36:36 AM »
Thanks for the Richard More site. It will help a lot. 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand