No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Green Glass and metal musical themed vase - I have no idea where this comes from  (Read 648 times)

Offline Merrib

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
This iridescent glass with a metal (brass?) decoration on the rim comes from my grandmother. Can you help identify it? ??? ??? ???
I haven't found anything similar to this blown art vase.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Patricia

• Author
  • Members
    • The Curious History of the Bulb Vase
Quite a few hyacinth vases come with this kind of tin decoration, I even have one with the name of the maker imprinted in the tin: Friedrich van Houten & Sonn (Bonn, Germany).
When you google the company this is what you will find:
"F. van Houten & Sonn (Bonn, Germany) was a longstanding mount producer for various Bohemian pottery and glassworks, but their patinated tin mounts are most often found in association with Loetz and Kralik glass".
There's more on the net about this firm and the glass looks Bohemian to me as well.
Good hunting

Patricia
Patricia
► The Curious History of the Bulb Vase ◄
 A new book by Patricia Coccoris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
It may be Loetz Texas but there are other makers ( I have a deep pink 'unknown' without metal work on it) who did a similar decor.
I don't know enough about Loetz to know if it definitely is, but hopefully someone will be along who can confirm or give you a definite id on another maker.  It's very pretty.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Merrib

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
Thanks so much!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum