No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Paperweight ID help please. ID = Nuutajärvi, Finland  (Read 1812 times)

Offline dinklepip

• Members
Paperweight ID help please. ID = Nuutajärvi, Finland
« on: November 22, 2015, 06:59:42 PM »
My Dad wants to sell some of his paperweight collection to raise some money to buy a mobility scooter for my mum.  He has asked me to "fleabay" them for him but unfortunately I can't decipher the signature on a couple (this is the first one).  Have entered different variations of what I think it might be in Google with the hope that something comes up...but nothing!  Could anyone help me please, many thanks

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Paperweight ID help please
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 08:33:45 PM »
Whatever it is, it is Finnish. You will need someone who speaks finnish to translate it for you. Perhaps these people can help:
http://www.dishwareheaven.com/products.html?id=21/
As far as I can see, the longer text at the top is the name of the weight - something like 'summer plum' or something.  And marjo is the maker, 99 the year of manufacture.

Offline dinklepip

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 10:16:42 PM »
thank you Ivo, have tried alsorts of combinations on Google but didn't bring anything up

Offline dinklepip

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 04:06:18 PM »
Hi Ivo, I emailed from the link you gave me and they messaged me straight back (bless em) with the following info:-

It is Jätti luumu puu = Giant plum tree
And the glass factory is njötsjö =Nuutajärvi glass factory 1995

that explains why I couldn't find anything as it appears as one word on the weight

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Paperweight ID help please. ID = Nuutajärvi, Finland
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 08:28:24 PM »
I wasn't far off with the plum, then :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand