No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Heavy Facet Cut Optical Cube Vase - Possible Czech / Vizner or Other ...?  (Read 604 times)

Offline Greg.

• Members
Hi All,

Would welcome any views on this heavy facet cut optic cube shaped vase. The main body has a frosted type appearance, which has either been sandblasted or acid treated, each of the sides has then been facet cut and polished.

Superb optical effects when viewing through the cut windows. The colour appears light or smoky brown, there may also be a clear chamber internally.  Age related wear to the underside.

Height: 9cm

Width & Length: 10cm

Weight: 1340 grams

I wondered if this maybe be Czech, possibly Vizner? Any thoughts or suggestions most welcome.

Thanks,
Greg

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Heavy Facet Cut Optical Cube Vase - Possible Czech / Vizner or Other ...?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 04:38:40 PM »
Handful of additional photos, including one of the base...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 07:40:51 PM »
Just to update this thread, after contacting the Frantisek Vizner website, I received a lovely response back from Frantisek Vizner’s daughter who confirmed the piece was not related to her father.

At present possible thoughts seem to be split between more recent Czech Republic production, the former Czechoslovakia  or possibly Scandinavian origins.

Whilst searching for something else altogether recently, I came across the following piece shown in the link below, produced by Jindrich Dolezal and wondered if it may be related......

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/4269078_dark-sculpture-dolezal-czech-glass-signed-modern

This piece also seems to have been produced in a similar manner with a gather of clear glass and a thin external layer of smoky grey/brown glass, which has then been sandblasted and subsequently facet cut and polished.

I will update with any further news. – Any further suggestions/alternatives most welcome.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Drinkwater

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • little bit collecting of every
    • Germany
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 08:02:35 PM »
The early pieces of:
http://www.arcademurano.com/murano_public/designers.html
wasn't signed. Perhaps...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand