No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help! Bohemian Cut Crystal. Cannot find label id anywhere... Who done it??? :)  (Read 2287 times)

Offline JDTeppy

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
Hello Everyone! 

I have a beautiful Bohemian Cut Crystal Bowl.  The piece is approximate 12 inches wide by 5 inches tall.  The crystal ring is amazing if you barely tap the bowl it gives that lovely crystal "ring".  The light refraction is spectacular but I cannot find any identifiers for the partial label on the bowl.

Any help in identifying would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
My opinion only, however what you have with the label says it all, cut Czech & trying to pinpoint a specific manufacturer is difficult with the standard generic label. Honestly most of the time you would not even find a label still attached. Probably 1950s thru 70s era, but just an estimation. I forgot...welcome to the board.

Offline JDTeppy

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
Hi Ohio :)

Thanks for taking time to share. I realized that the partial label gives a lot of information however part of the label is missing that might have given the manufacturer's initials/logo.  At the top of the label there is a raised dome area that has lost the gold foil portion and on the sides the "ribbon" portion of the foil is missing as well. 

In all my research, I have not see any labels with that shape for either a manufacturer or generic issue.  I am hoping someone recognizes the shape and the it might tie to a manufacturer.

Thanks for your help and dating of the piece.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand