No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: glass perfume bottle signed - ID = Margaret Burke  (Read 1915 times)

Offline sally64

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass
    • United Kingdom
glass perfume bottle signed - ID = Margaret Burke
« on: January 21, 2016, 01:38:43 PM »
Hello,

Could someone please help me on the  name on this perfume bottle.

I have tried my best to take a picture it has for Lib? and the name M ? my picture file is to big for this web site but i can send a picture by e-mail

Have tried looking but to no luck

Many thanks sally.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: glass perfume bottle signed
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 04:22:06 PM »
hi and welcome.  :)
Plenty of techie help here on how to fix images for posting.
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,34093.0.html

If you still can't manage, click on the envelope under my username to send me a personal message. We can get into email contact through that and you can send me the images for resizing for you.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline sally64

• Members
    • glass
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 12:16:41 PM »
[Mod: Images reset as clickable Attachments to the post in order avoid loss from a 3rd party host site}

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 04:31:59 PM »
Hi Sally,

The first part of the script, looks to possibly read ''For Liberty's'' and the second part could be signed ''M Burke' although I not completely sure on this part.

Here is a link to Margaret Burke's website:
http://www.emglass.co.uk/margaret_burke_collection.htm

Hope this helps a little.

Greg

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 04:46:25 PM »
I've just checked a Margaret Burke bowl I have, but it is only marked M 3. The M is not a signature-y one, just a capital M. Not a lot of help, sorry.
The colour is one she uses and it wouldn't surprise me if it was her work.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 09:59:26 PM »
Hi Sally64, welcome to the board.  With my moderator hat on, I have reset your images as attachments to the post rather than inline URLs to the "postimage" site. This is the preferred way of adding images as it retains them in the post without the possible loss that so often happens from a 3rd party site. And, as you will see, the board automatically creates a thumbnail for initial viewing and single click then displays it full size.

To make the change I made a temporary copy of your images and used those to insert as attachments. No editing was done to any of the images and I have now deleted the temporary copies.
KevinH

Offline sally64

• Members
    • glass
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 10:15:02 PM »
Hi Sally,

The first part of the script, looks to possibly read ''For Liberty's'' and the second part could be signed ''M Burke' although I not completely sure on this part.

Here is a link to Margaret Burke's website:
http://www.emglass.co.uk/margaret_burke_collection.htm

Hope this helps a little.

Greg

Hello Greg,

Thanks for your help i wrote to Ed & margaret as i found there e-mail address and then sent them the pictures
Ed wrote this morning and confirmed yes it is one of there's i was so pleased as was not to sure i would get a reply

Would never had been able to it had it not been for this web site.

Many thanks sally.

Offline sally64

• Members
    • glass
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 10:17:06 PM »
I've just checked a Margaret Burke bowl I have, but it is only marked M 3. The M is not a signature-y one, just a capital M. Not a lot of help, sorry.
The colour is one she uses and it wouldn't surprise me if it was her work.

Hello Sue,

Thanks for your help i wrote to Ed & margaret as i found there e-mail address and then sent them the pictures
Ed wrote this morning and confirmed yes it is one of there's i was so pleased as was not to sure i would get a reply

Would never had been able to it had it not been for this web site and you being able to give me the name as i would never had been able to read it.

Many thanks sally.

Offline sally64

• Members
    • glass
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 10:19:06 PM »
Hi Sally64, welcome to the board.  With my moderator hat on, I have reset your images as attachments to the post rather than inline URLs to the "postimage" site. This is the preferred way of adding images as it retains them in the post without the possible loss that so often happens from a 3rd party site. And, as you will see, the board automatically creates a thumbnail for initial viewing and single click then displays it full size.

To make the change I made a temporary copy of your images and used those to insert as attachments. No editing was done to any of the images and I have now deleted the temporary copies.

Hello,

Thanks for showing and changing my pictures i was not very good at that sort of thing my daughter did them and she understood about
the thumb nails pictures and she would now how to do it next time.

Thanks sally

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: glass perfume bottle signed - ID = Margaret Burke
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 02:19:37 PM »
 :)
You're welcome. It's what we're here for.
I'm glad you found what you needed to know.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand