No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Singoretto Piece  (Read 1384 times)

Offline GlassCollectorInPA

• Members
Murano Singoretto Piece
« on: July 06, 2006, 06:04:37 PM »
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me.  I was in Murano a couple of weeks ago and bought a glass sculpture.  It's a large block with a sea turtle in it and is signed "JC Signoretto".  The signature looks just like Pino Signoretto's, but it's hard for me to believe this is the same guy.  The piece is beautiful, but only cost $1100.  So, It would be hard for me to believe that it is a piece of Pino's.  Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Murano Singoretto Piece
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 04:24:42 AM »
Apparently there have been eight generations of the Signoretto family who have been glassmakers, so it's unlikely to be Pino if it's signed JC. http://www.redstickglass.com/maestrosignoretto05.htm
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 09:02:38 AM »
I was in Murano last week  ;D  It seems that most of the big 'names' in glass have family members working there still.  Can we see a picture of your sculpture?
Leni

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 11:58:32 AM »
It actually sounds like a normal price for a mid-level Pino piece. He did make many animals. Turtles are among his favorites. The only thing is the JC. Have you googled to see if there is another Signoretto with the correct initials?

Anita
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand