No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Miniature Vase ID Help. ID = Don Richardson, USA  (Read 2446 times)

Offline tonyatl

• Members
Miniature Vase ID Help. ID = Don Richardson, USA
« on: February 21, 2016, 10:28:56 PM »
I have a miniature vase 3 1/4" h of pulled feather design. the irridescent butterscotch gold feathers overlay a pale yellowish/green ground. the mouth is butterscotch. The underside is hand signed either Richard or Richardson along with 804 C??. The pontil is ground smooth but 4 glass drop were added afterwards. Although the vase is certainly in the style of early 20th C glass made by tiffany, quezal, and others, I am not convinced that it is old. looking for opinions on age, country of origin, and maker.

PS - After further research, one possible lead is that the vase was made by the british firm of Richardson. I have yet to determine that they produced this type of glass, but they were certainly well known for producing artistic glass.

PPS - if at first you don't succeed try, try, again, for the 3d time is the charm as they say. This glass turns out to be a Don Richardson vase, with gmb providing the documentary evidence.
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php?topic=40025.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand