No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: were all Tye hyacinth vases marked on the base?  (Read 1187 times)

Offline ju1i3

• Members
    • London
    • Hyacinth Vases
were all Tye hyacinth vases marked on the base?
« on: March 11, 2016, 09:34:20 AM »
This question came up in another post but was not definitively answered (http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,47626.20.html). I fear it got lost in that thread.

Patricia, looking at your book I don't see the answer but maybe I'm not reading it very carefully. Perhaps you could advise, thanks.

I have compared one of my Tye marked with an unmarked vase and am wondering now myself. Roy brought up the question initially.

thanks
Julie

Offline Patricia

• Author
  • Members
    • The Curious History of the Bulb Vase
Re: were all Tye hyacinth vases marked on the base?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 07:38:21 PM »
If there is no mention of a blank baseplate on a presumed Tye vase in my book it simply means that I do not know nor wish to speculate. Sometimes somebody's  'thoughts' seem to stick and then become 'truths' and I would rather not go there.
That does not mean that there are no 'thoughts' in my book at all but only if I have something to go by. In that case I present possibilities which may be considered or rejected.

Patricia 

Patricia
► The Curious History of the Bulb Vase ◄
 A new book by Patricia Coccoris

Offline ju1i3

• Members
    • London
    • Hyacinth Vases
Re: were all Tye hyacinth vases marked on the base?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 09:14:52 AM »
thank you

I'm not sure where that leaves you Roy. You happy with your ebay description? Is your buyer?
Julie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand