No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ditchfield or Dremel?. ID = Ditchfield (early)  (Read 1609 times)

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Ditchfield or Dremel?. ID = Ditchfield (early)
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 04:23:04 PM »
Yes, it says, 1980. For once, I find the thumbnail images better than the larger ones for reading that date!
KevinH

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Ditchfield or Dremel?. ID = Ditchfield (early)
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 04:56:41 PM »
It can take a glassmaker a little while to get used to using a tool to make a signature.  :)
I have an early piece by Steven Foster, bought from the shelves at Broadfield House after I'd spent a lovely afternoon watching him and Ian MacDonald working.
He had a lot of trouble with it and his S came out like a "J"; Foster came out reading "Foetar".
A couple of years later, Ian was signing a piece I was buying from him at a fair - and he had even more trouble getting a mark made. The tool kept slipping and his writing went all spidery.
I know his signature is there, I still have trouble even finding it.
I'm fairly sure (now  ::) ) that I've seen pretty primitive productions of "J Ditchfield" before too.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand