No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large Millefiori with av in base. ID = Murano  (Read 1311 times)

Offline born slippy

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • uk
Large Millefiori with av in base. ID = Murano
« on: April 27, 2016, 05:04:58 PM »
Please can you help id the maker, country, time-line of my large millefiori paperweight with aventurine underneath it. About 3 and 3/4" diameter. The colour is much brighter than the pics. Also please let me know if my pics are not good enough quality to use to id as I have a few others to upload as well.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Large Millefiori with av in base
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 07:42:15 PM »
Hi,

This is a Murano weight, possibly from Fratelli Toso. Maybe mid 20th century?

I do not know what the "av" means, but in any case, the letters cannot be seen in your image.

Although your photos are ok for general ID they would be much better set to 600 or 700 pixels longest side. The board permits 125Kb per photo and if your images are set to that size and "saved for the web" they should easily fit under the KB limit. If you have trouble getting larger images down to the board limit just post a reply about it and we can point you in various directions for assistance.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline born slippy

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • uk
Re: Large Millefiori with av in base
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 10:28:34 PM »
Thank you so much! Av was just my abbreviation for aventurine. I will try the next ones at 600, these were 300 I think.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand