Board Info > Board Information, Help & Announcements

Photographing clear and translucent glass on a light table

<< < (4/8) > >>

Paul S.:
hi Dirk  -  yes, I really can't stop playing with it ;)

One important aspect of the light source is that when using a standard incandescent bulb (or even a low energy bulb), the resulting light has a tendency to cast a yellowy/brown glow, whereas using a strip fluorescent type of lighting gives a good white light, and seems to improve the clarity.

Anne:
Cool white and daylight LEDs give a very clean white light too Paul, as do cold cathode tubes (as used in computer monitors, fish tanks etc). The warm white LEDs tend towards that yellowy tungsten light effect.  There's a handy guide to light temperatures here: https://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/article/colour-temperature

dirk.:
Thanks both! My old camera used to have a good function, which helped to easily adjust the light setting.
Unfortunately the new one doesn´t, so I shall try a different light. :thup:

oldglassman:
HI ,
           For a long time now I have been using spiral daylight bulbs,they are recommended for photography and also for sad syndrome,so they keep you happy while you work lol

cheers

peter

Paul S.:
thanks for the link re light colours Anne, very useful  -  I've been using two angle poise lamps with circular fluorescent tubes - one behind the acrylic and the other underneath.                One was daylight and a good white but the other was casting a less than white look, so have replaced with a 'cool white' LED which according to your list should improve the 'whiteness' - will see how I get on.

Like all obsessive collectors, I get sad syndrome if I don't find anything good for a week ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version