Board Info > Board Information, Help & Announcements

Photographing clear and translucent glass on a light table

<< < (8/8)

WhatHo!:
Thanks Dirk :)

Pinkspoons:

--- Quote ---it looks as if Nic's lamps are spot on (unless he photoshopped them  ;D )
--- End quote ---

Because I buy/sell, and run through lots of photos, I have to make post-production editing as quick and pain-free as possible... so they're definitely spot-on!  :)

Additionally, if going for fluorescent tube lighting and you anticipate photographing coloured glass, always try to get tubes with a high colour rendering index (CRI) - 90, preferably - it will ensure that your colours are as close as possible to real life. Again, saves post-production tweaking time.

It's usually indicated in the coding on the packaging, if not already explicitly outlined - so a 5500k tube with a CRI of 90, say, will be '955', 3500k with 70 CRI is '735', etc...

Anne Tique:
Just an update on my progress ...  ::) ...

I recently visited a well known Swedish store (i've bought an island! :D) and I spotted these light panels by coincidence. The light tables i have seen for sale on the internet were a bit expensive for my taste, so I thought I'll give this a try.

Here's the link and I have to add that they are not supplied with a cable, it is just the panel, but the cables are in the same stand and you'll be needing a handy neighbour if you find yourself incapable of connecting the lot, like myself, but I've got a thing when it comes to electricity ... I'm already scared to change a light bulb and a real electrophobic. You can change colour from warmer to colder whites and change the intensity with the supplied dimmer. The lamp is surprisingly strong, I've even tried it with a vase weighing 3,5 kg.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/lighting/ceiling-lights/floalt-led-light-panel-w-wireless-control-dimmable-white-spectrum-art-40332210/

Here are some results, I have used a darker background for the clear pieces.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version