Board Info > Board Information, Help & Announcements

Photographing clear and translucent glass on a light table

<< < (2/8) > >>

dirk.:
Thank you all!
Measured the perspex again - sorry, it´s 3mm actually.  ::)
You need to make sure it´s the bendable variety of plexiglass. I´ve used the following method to bend it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoozlMBLcW4
Make sure you´re only using one clamp! The perspex expands and it might get rippled otherwise.
The strength of the perspex, the frame and the bend make it stable enough for objects of a few kg and
should be ok most of our photographing purposes.
I´ve chosen to make the bend after a third of the whole plate. This way you can use it flat for bowls etc. or
place it the other way for taller objects.

Paul S.:
oh no!!!    and I've just been out and bought an expensively large sheet of 2mm  !!  .............     ;) ;) ;D           hope to let you see some results when it's made Dirk. :)

Paul S.:
have now found a local supplier of acrylic (which is the formable/bendable type)..........     it would appear that the particular acrylic as described by Dirk, in the U.K. is called Opal 050 in 3mm thickness.          Hope it all goes to plan.

dirk.:
Great! Please let us know about the outcome.  :)

Or was it 4mm?? Mmmh, need to measure again....  ;D

Anne Tique:
Excellent results with the table, looks really professional.

Unfortunately my DIY skills are not ... well, they don't exist... but I'm good at improvising.

I got myself a large, A3 I think, sheet of thick paper with a light, satin finish. I've bend it into a 'U' shape to create an 'endless horizon', and slid it in a large box and attached it with tape, to hold it in place.

The box is then put on one side et voilà  ;D my homemade and improvised photo studio.

I direct the light, like Dirk, towards the back from both sides, to create a sort of halo and white LED light, imo, gives the nicest results.

I then crop the images, play around a little with a programme to enhance quality, colour and light, and my pictures are good to go.

Underneath some results, they're all made in the box.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version