No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Yet one more shape to the ever growing RB'y Studio collection....  (Read 1143 times)

Offline keith

• Members
9 inches across, what I believe to be a clear 'Neon' pattern bowl, tiny fleabite not bad for 99p !  ;D ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Yet one more shape to the ever growing RB'y Studio collection....
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 06:55:17 PM »
bit plain for you Keith init  ;D       Joking aside, and have to admit to not really looking at your RB site, are you posting all of your colours and shapes on the Board??  -  for posterity.

Very nice by the way. :)     93rd shelf I guess. ;)

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:07:02 PM »
A bit plain yep but a new one for me, trying to post anything new. Got a lot of new info' on the way, who knows maybe a book ( more like a booklet ) next year !  :o ;D ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 08:31:20 PM »
you took the words out of my mouth - seriously  .....     occurred to me to wonder if you might do just that.           Am sure it would be of benefit to a lot of people and very much appreciated.             We all send our encouragement for your project, and put me down for a copy please. :)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 08:33:09 PM »
are you going to donate it all to the new museum?
you surely must have an amazing array and collection of it now.
I possibly have one odd piece in orange.
Must put it on here and you can see if it is RB (might be something more contemporary though)
m

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 10:59:04 PM »
I'm hoping to get a load of information from one of RB'ys early designers, pre Michael Harris, pictures, brochures and original sketches, prints of them that is, showing shapes, colours and names given to them,   all of which will be in the exhibition in November, if I can get myself organised  ::) If the 'kids' don't want them the museum can have them but I intend to be around for a while yet so they'll have to wait !  : ;D ;D, please post it m you never know,  ;D ;D

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 11:24:58 PM »
Quick terrible pics sorry about that :-[

It is the usual thick glass with a cut and highly polished rim.
Neck is a little strange shape though, profiled with a slight angle into the curve of the rim,  rather than just curved up from body.
edited to add - actually rim and neck look very like this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Brierley-studio-iridescent-glass-vase-/112053553364
and shape very like this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lovely-Royal-Brierley-Studio-Pink-Iridescent-9-Glass-Vase-Signed-To-Base-Boxed-/252446649009
Mold blown base - all looks very RB but I was never sure.
Speckly teeny yellow and dark bits in the burnt orange body.

It's speckly like this one but this one is cased in clear whereas mine is uncased, the speckles are in the burnt orange glass.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Brierley-studio-gold-speckled-glass-vase-/152163449291
Think it probably is RB then.
m

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 12:14:36 PM »
The necks do seem to vary a lot on Rb'y studio pieces as do the weights, some pieces are cased others not, yours looks like the one in your last link in a colour I've not seen before, would you mind if I copied the image then I could ask Gwyneth if it's one of her 'Amphora' shaped 'Decor' vases.  ;D ;D she's on holiday at the moment so it might take a while to get a reply.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 11:20:40 PM »
of course not - please do use the image (sorry it's so rubbish)
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand