Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Finds from one small car boot

(1/7) > >>

mhgcgolfclub:
These were all found from different sellers from one small car boot.
A pair of what look Bohemian vases with cherubs not hand painted but transfer.
A small signed Boda vase.
A pair of satin uranium glass small rose bowls.
A Bohemian / Kralik style iridescence tear drop vase.
A pair of engraved wine glasses with red rims and foot.

Thanks Roy

Ivo:
I could not have resisted any of those.

brucebanner:
We need a car boot page, lucky to find so many things in pairs, I might trawl 10 car boots and find 3 things of real interest and I'm always up against at least 10 dealers every time I go.The satin  blue vases seem to be fairly common would love to know where they come from and how old they are.

Anne:
We could pin this topic as a sticky so you can add your mass finds to it like Roy has, rather than having separate topics scattered across the board.

brucebanner:
Could do, these four are within the last two weeks, but where do you start?, i think the first is webbs (Burmese ish) 1880 odd the second a piece of 1870's cut glass, the third god knows but it's full of seeds with heavy base wear  a rough pontil with made out of canes with at least five layers and i think it has some real age and the fourth i have not seen anything like it in a purple opalescent colour i think might be Walsh Walsh, all a mystery and god knows if i'm right about any of them, posting random finds does not help id them but i do think it's of interest as there are still lots of things out there to find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version