Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Finds from one small car boot

<< < (2/7) > >>

brucebanner:
shot of the canes

mhgcgolfclub:
Not bad finds Chris. I like the 1st and 4th items they both look very interesting. The car boot I go to which is the only one is also known as the posh car boot as its in a very expensive area , I just pop in on my way to do the shopping.

A couple of other items I have picked up since July was the Whitefriars Peter Wheeler studio glass and a Victorian satin glass jug. I also picked up 3 early cut glass plates.

Roy

brucebanner:
Yes Roy, there are two posh car boots by me, always chock full of dealers at least 12 at the last one, i walked down three rows and give up. This has to be the best one so far this year, i have no idea how to date it as it looks brand new with very little base wear and it's a monster 14 inches in height and weighs just under 2 kg, you have to be there when everyone is unpacking as most good stuff has gone within the first half hour.

£4.00 and all hand cut.

mhgcgolfclub:
Nice decanter Chris.

The small car boot I go to opens at 11.00 and all the sellers have just about unpacked before you go in .

I went this morning and nearly came home empty handed until this little bowl caught my eye. Its signed Daum Nancy France and after a little research believe its a Daum Verre de Jade miniature bowl .
Diameter 11cm.
Date c1920.

Roy

brucebanner:
Great find, this one cost me a hundred quid.

Worth every penny it's stunning.

Same size as yours.

As far as i have researched the signature is pressed in hot leaving a smokey dull stain around the signature.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version