No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Holmegaard Punch Set, ID = Kylle Svanlund  (Read 1915 times)

Offline rachnathanking

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass
    • UK
Holmegaard Punch Set, ID = Kylle Svanlund
« on: August 21, 2016, 11:24:58 AM »
Afternoon all,

Can anyone give me any information about these lovely glass pieces.

The glasses have 7528 and the bowl has 7527 etched in the bottom and all initialed K.S. Holmegaard also etched.  Also the ladle is not signed or numbered.

Do we know who K.S is? How old are these? Are they rare?

Thanks!

Rach

Offline rachnathanking

• Members
    • Glass
    • UK
Re: Holmegaard Punch Set
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 11:32:11 AM »
More images

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 03:07:06 PM »
attractive blue Rachel  ...........     can't help with the code, but it's quite possible that K.S. are the initials of Kylle Svanlund, who was a freelance designer at Holmegaard during the 1970s.

as a modern set, this may not be as rare as you might wish  -   the marks are dremelled I'd suggest, and not etched.

Fingers crossed a Holmegaard expert is about to look in :)

Offline rachnathanking

• Members
    • Glass
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 07:13:48 PM »
Hi Paul.

Thanks for your reply.

The only thing I found was this link below:

http://www.museum-online.dk/proevesamlingen/genst_data.asp?Nr=N%C6M%2002204X00012471

If anyone has anymore info would be great.

Thanks

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 09:16:00 PM »
I think the only thing you're missing is details of the production run ;D  -  your link seems to provide confirmation of other details.
Perhaps Kylle had a thing for 'blue' - anyway you were successful with the research - I don't imagine there are that many complete sets in the U.K.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Holmegaard Punch Set, ID = Kylle Svanlund
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 01:22:15 PM »
The four digit code means that it's an unika piece - created for exhibition and generally (but not always) made in very small numbers.

The link you found describes them as produced for a fortnight-long promotional event, with an engraver working on them at a street stall in Copenhagen, Nov 1971 - so there may be only a few about (with or without additional decorative/personalised engraving), barring any earlier/later production runs.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Holmegaard Punch Set, ID = Kylle Svanlund
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 01:30:50 PM »
Actually, just looking at the bowl and glasses - I'm not sure they're a 'set', but rather two separate designs. Whilst they're both cobalt blue, and have contiguous numbering, I'd expect the 'twist' handle of the glasses to be replicated on the bowl.

And I'm fairly sure that the ladle comes from the 1970 'Carnevale' set by Christer Holmgren (also for Holmegaard).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand