No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large Uranium Opalescent Glass Clam Shell Bowl  (Read 499 times)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Large Uranium Opalescent Glass Clam Shell Bowl
« on: September 14, 2016, 08:19:57 PM »
A large uranium opalescent glass giant clam shell bowl. My first thought was most likely American but after some research I am beginning to think maybe English . Although I have not ruled out anyone yet.

I spoke to a friend in the USA and he told me he bought one about 10 years ago and up until now he had never seen another. He also said that he had come to a dead end on finding an ID.

To me the shell has a very Victorian feel to me with some flux and straw marks, but could be a little later.
I have tried to think who may of made the shell which is not easy without confirming the country where it was made.

Diameter of bowl 9"
Height 3.5"
Weight over 1000gm

The shell seems to be very well made with excellent detail.

Thanks Roy 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand