Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Trinket Sets

Help identifying pink glass lidded powder pot please

(1/2) > >>

Bluebell17:
Hi,

Hope you can identify this pink glass. A friend has asked me to find out a little about it, as she's hoping to sell it.

There are a pair of each item.

The two lidded bowls are 5 inches high including handle and are 4.5 inches in diameter.

Any idea on pattern, usage, maker etc would be appreciated.

Regards
Dee

Stoppered bottles split off to http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,63685.0.html

Paul S.:
Hi Dee  -  would suggest that the lidded powder or cream pots, at least, are possibly part of a trinket set, and if it's a known set then someone here may well be able to tell you the maker and an approximate date of manufacture.             Always possible the colognes are also from a dressing table set, but I'd suggest not, and they are more likely to be stand alone items - but these things not my area, so really only guessing.

Of course if they're unrecognized items then regret to say you are quite likely never going to find out any information.    Dressing table accoutrements - during the first half of the C20 - were made in prodigious quantities in most countries.             As a totally uneducated punt I'd have thought somewhere around the 1940's give or take a decade.

Anne:
They are not part of the same set, so we could do with splitting them out to 2 topics. I'll do that for you now.

Anne:
OK, so now they are split I can respond better re this one...   this is a powder pot from a set by an unknown maker. I have seen the set as oval tray, powder pot, two candleholders and a pintray.  It is very similar in shape and size to Bagley Victoria (2nd version) set, but it's not the same. Plus Bagley Victoria was (we know for sure) only made in pink with an oblong tray, whilst this set above is also known in blue, green and amber.  So far I have not found evidence of who made this, but I am still looking.  May I add your images to our Mysteries gallery on the Glass Trinket Sets website please Dee?

Bluebell17:

--- Quote from: Anne on October 16, 2016, 04:11:49 PM ---OK, so now they are split I can respond better re this one...   this is a powder pot from a set by an unknown maker. I have seen the set as oval tray, powder pot, two candleholders and a pintray.  It is very similar in shape and size to Bagley Victoria (2nd version) set, but it's not the same. Plus Bagley Victoria was (we know for sure) only made in pink with an oblong tray, whilst this set above is also known in blue, green and amber.  So far I have not found evidence of who made this, but I am still looking.  May I add your images to our Mysteries gallery on the Glass Trinket Sets website please Dee?

--- End quote ---

Hi Anne,

Thank you for splitting my post. I should really have done two posts, as it's obvious the two patterns are different. Please feel free to post my pictures in the Mysteries Gallery.

It was lovely to see the picture of the green trinket set, and I can see the comparison drawn between it and Bagley....let's hope they can be identified soon.

My friend would like to sell them as I mentioned, and is keen to sell them as a pair. Given they are missing other items from the set, is this the best option?

Regards

Dee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version