No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Isle of Wight bowl....Pattern ID please  (Read 880 times)

Offline Morgan48

• Members
Isle of Wight bowl....Pattern ID please
« on: October 27, 2016, 12:36:17 PM »
Hi..... can someone please tell me the pattern name for this bowl.....I had a good look through the IOW site but no success.....unless I'm not looking properly.
Its about 24 cms in diameter ...about 4cms high...  It has a turned over rim lip ..... not noticeable on here but also flashes light iridescence when turned.
Many thanks in advance     Gareth

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Isle of Wight bowl....Pattern ID please
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 01:53:15 PM »
Could it be one of the rarer variations from the Bon Bon range? We might need Anton for this one!

John

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Isle of Wight bowl....Pattern ID please
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 04:14:34 PM »
I'd agree, it';s early, given the black triangular stcker, but it's not any known range.
Againd, you've found something early and experimental Gareth.
You might have been absent for a while, but there's nothing wrong with your eye for good glass. ;D
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand