No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: todays cheap as chips buy , Vasart Closepack?  (Read 1967 times)

Offline millarart

• Members
todays cheap as chips buy , Vasart Closepack?
« on: November 10, 2016, 06:00:14 PM »
picked this lovely wee closepack  weight up today on my travels I first thought ysart brothers(really hoped it was monart/ Paul Ysart lol) but was told by a friend it was Vasart  then I remembered reading on the Ysart Glass site that  vasart used hearts , spades , clubs and diamonds in their canes and this one has the black spades or I assume its their black spades cane but these ones have a white spot in the middle of the spade  , the weight itself is just over 3 inches wide and only around 2 inches in height ,  the canes are on a translucent mottled dark purple ground which is domed so there is very little clear glass between the canes and the top of the weight , so I suppose its a low domed weight with a high inner dome lol
UPDATE ADDED BELOW

I  just came across this weight listed as Ysart Brothers with nearly all  of the same canes as mines inc the spade shaped one
http://www.weights-n-things.com/en/archive/modern-paperweights/europe/ysart-brothers-vasart/low-domed-closepack.html
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline millarart

• Members
Re: todays cheap as chips buy , Vasart Closepack?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 06:01:06 PM »
base with pontil pic

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 06:45:37 PM »
Yes .. typical Ysart Brothers (Vasart) item.

Many weights from that period have a high dome with canes which are a mix of basic ones and good complex ones. Could have been made by any of the Ysart men.
KevinH

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 06:51:24 PM »
Yes .. typical Ysart Brothers (Vasart) item.

Many weights from that period have a high dome with canes which are a mix of basic ones and good complex ones. Could have been made by any of the Ysart men.
thanks Kev
                     another to add  my growing  Ysart Brothers collection , seems to be nearly every weight I find is an  Ysart brothers one, yet I have only one vase signed Ysart Brothers in the whole of my collection

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 07:38:17 PM »
Me too. The "Ysart Brothers Made in Scotland" acid signature on weights seems to be much less frequent than the "Vasart" acid signature on vases and bowls
KevinH

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 08:06:36 PM »
Me too. The "Ysart Brothers Made in Scotland" acid signature on weights seems to be much less frequent than the "Vasart" acid signature on vases and bowls
I have the Ysart Brothers signature on a bucket vase which if I remember is in pink and blue with sworls or is it in blue and white lol mmmm one of them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand