No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Any information about my controlled bubble vase  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
Re: Any information about my controlled bubble vase
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 09:24:48 PM »
perhaps we should wait until she returns from work ;D

:D Sorry, I meant away abroad for work, back on Tuesday.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 10:48:40 PM »
you're a broad you say Anne   -  thought you were a nicer girl than that. ;) ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 09:55:36 AM »
 ;D Paul ... :-*

Sorry for the late reply, but I had a little accident here ... lost my balance when I wanted to pick up my bag ( and no, I was not under influence), tablet fell out on the floor and my foot landed on top of my tablet ... even though I'm not heavy, screens are not supporting this kind of weight and it now has a beautiful x-mas star all over the screen and it's good for the bin. Thank God I managed to save my catalogues and documents. So it's back to the older tablet which reminded me straight away why I had it replaced ... if it carries on like this, it will end up the same because I'm losing my patience here  ::)

Unfortunately the images are in black and white, but I'm sure you've come across the other colours in your search. I feel the need to add that the text has been translated from French and I think the wording ' palpitations' should be read as freeform movements .... it makes it sound a bit pervy  :-[ having said that, I'm close to having palpitations myself trying to get this old tablet to do what I'm asking it to!  >:(

It also sounds as VSL invented the controlled bubble technique, but as you know, this was already done much earlier by other artists.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 12:28:33 PM »
certainly looks to be a very good match in terms of shape etc., and would agree that the word sensual probably not really applicable here.     You may be correct with 'freeform' Anne, but I'd always imagined that word being used to describe shapes lacking recognizable geometric outline  -  something akin to free-formed dishes - the most well known being Per Lutken's designs for Holmegaard.                        If you want sensual you should look at some of the Galle, Loetz or Daum work from the nouveau period, as you will of course know well - although that's not to say that the designs being discussed here aren't physically pleasing or gratifying to the senses - just maybe not quite what most folk think of as sensual.

It's a very good question as to who might have been the first to produce controlled bubbled glass, and aside from the outside chance it may have been the Romans, my thoughts are maybe Murano or one of the Scandinavian houses perhaps.        It could be an interesting thread to run here - perhaps other people will offer their thoughts on the subject.
However, your comment that  "this was already done much earlier by other artists.",  suggests that you are one step ahead of us, and probably already know the answer ;)

P.S.    sorry to hear of your unstable adventure  -  what was it - those six inch heels again.  :-*

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2016, 10:45:46 PM »
It's a very good question as to who might have been the first to produce controlled bubbled glass, and aside from the outside chance it may have been the Romans, my thoughts are maybe Murano or one of the Scandinavian houses perhaps.        It could be an interesting thread to run here - perhaps other people will offer their thoughts on the subject.

A thread (Nov 30, 2009) on the subject already exists:
Who invented introducing controlled bubbles in glass and when ? Please !
KevinH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand