No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: some items from Jostra catalogue  (Read 4582 times)

Offline Coupsdestylo

• Members
    • United Kingdom
Re: some items
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 01:23:32 PM »
Spot on about his wife and the Jasmine floating round the house.
The youngest son Joseph (1905 1988) completed his apprenticeship from 1920 to 1923 at the
company of his brother Albin Traut. He learned the manufacture of various glassware, such as
ampoules, test tubes, vials for various purposes, aquarium accessories, cotton and perfume
tubes. After the apprenticeship Joseph Traut continued in his parents home, self taught in the
production of glassware (without patterns) and the Kartesiani Tauchers (bottle devil). In 1924
Joseph Traut successfully passed the journeyman's test. In 1924/25 he worked with the
brothers Max and Hermann Traut. The workshop was located in the estate of the Kathinka Hopf
Sonnenberger Str. 21. In 1926/27 the first Kunstglaswerkstatt (Art glass workshop) under the
direction of Max and Hermann Traut was opened in Sonneberg. Joseph Traut also introduced
his skills to this company.
And founded his own company at the age of 22.
As to whether or not he made glass, I have been to Neuhaus with a translator, knocked on doors and spoken to people who worked for him.
He could also knit glass there's a rather good example of a parrot made in 1937 for the Munich glass fair.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Coupsdestylo

• Members
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 02:39:53 PM »
Museum "Geißlerhaus" in Neuhaus am Rennweg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjRnQC1l78E
Yes it is that beautiful :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 11:15:04 PM »
lovely video
the red cocktail set that you've commented on a thread on here, can be seen in the video.
Thanks for sharing.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Coupsdestylo

• Members
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 08:02:11 AM »
Thanks M, The Max Traut set is rather good, neither their video nor my photo of it do it justice unfortunately but the photo of the other set captures it's magnificence perfectly. It was a rushed photo, I had 48 hours there and obviously I was focusing my time on the important stuff - cocktail sticks  :-)  I managed to search about 1% of the archives in this museum and my phone camera wore the battery down pretty quick.
The glass industry in the area is in decline, and if you are quick you might be able to see the last of it before it's gone, I nearly cried when I heard of the house recently bulldozed to the ground containing hundreds of molds  :'(

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand