No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Info needed about Royal Brierley vase  (Read 1361 times)

Offline The Glass Staircase

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Scotland
Info needed about Royal Brierley vase
« on: January 15, 2017, 05:22:45 PM »
Hi all!

I have an unusual looking Royal Brierley crystal vase which I've had a for nearly 2 years and I've yet to muster any proper information about it which is rather frustrating. It has a mark which can be seen in the  last picture which I think is a fairly modern RB mark but I can't be sure.

The vase stands 30 cm high and 8 cm diameter

If anyone is familiar with it and can share any information I'd be incredibly grateful!

Thanks!

Adam

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Info needed about RB vase
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 07:52:37 PM »
Hello Adam, very nice piece, as to finding any information I hope you have better luck than I have researching some of their work, I'm just starting to look into dating the labels and marks they seem to have produced tons of stuff, if I find anything I'll get back to you  ::) here's a recent similar find of mine.  ;D ;D

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 08:05:44 AM »
Hi Keith! Thanks for the reply, yours is a real beauty! It's a bummer to hear that there is very little info out there though, if you do hear anything I'd love for you to share :)

Kind Regards,

Adam

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 01:39:00 PM »
There's a lot of stuff in the archives , mainly pictures, photographs etc... but little information as to who made what and when, it's taken me 4 years to get approximate dates on Royal Brierley Studio ware production !  ::) ;D ;D

• Members
    • Scotland
Re: Info needed about Royal Brierley vase
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 04:30:43 PM »
Thanks Keith! Where are the archives located ? Are they online ?

Adam

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 06:30:21 PM »
The new archive centre is in Dudley just up the road from The Black Country Museum,the full address is The Archives, Tipton Road, Dudley, DY1 4SQ, closed Mondays, I'm sure their email is online somewhere.  ;D

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 03:52:40 PM »
Many thanks Keith :)

Adam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum