No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Harrachov faceted mica vase  (Read 2082 times)

Offline mattschlan

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
Harrachov faceted mica vase
« on: January 21, 2017, 12:21:58 PM »
I've acquired a lovely vase that i feel fairly sure is a Milan Metelak design for Harrachov. The colour, large bubble pattern and mica inclusions match another midnight blue vase that i have by Metelak. My only concern is that i have not seen any faceted examples of these vases.

Has anyone else seen any similar faceted vases or have any information about or maybe even pattern numbers for them?

The vase is 24cm tall

Thanks

Matt

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Harrachov faceted mica vase
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 06:54:12 PM »
Seems a very reasonable assumption, not seen a faceted example before either, very nice.

Perhaps it was a relatively time consuming and expensive process that could not in the end justify the cost, if so few would have been made.

John

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 07:21:26 PM »
Similar cutting was done on some published Harrtil designs so this seems perfectly likely to have been done, as suggested by John, in smaller numbers than typical production.

Robert (bOBA)

Offline mattschlan

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 03:21:46 PM »
Thank you very much John and Robert for your replies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand