No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large vase marked EAG on base. ID = TAG, Tricia Allen Glass, Australia  (Read 5229 times)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Help please to confirm marker of the tall vase. I do not think there is any real age most likely quite modern as no wear to base.

I thought it would be easy to confirm marker as marked on base EAG in an oval stamp.  The only company that I can find who may of made it is an English marker called English Antique Glass. If its not English Antique Glass then I do not really have a clue.

Height 13" and weighs 1650gm

Sorry about pictures new computer

Thanks Roy

Offline brewster

• Members
    • Australia
Re: Large vase marked EAG on base
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 08:50:00 PM »
That is a studio piece and it is made in Australia! The stamp says TAG for Tricia Allen Glass. Tricia Allen (1962-2010) operated a studio in Nungurner, Vic. The studio is now run by her husband as Tallon Glass.

I don't have a decent photograph of the stamp readily to hand, but you can see several on Steve Lynn's website.

Trevor
See my blog on Australian studio glass. There is now a Facebook page with Australian glass news.
The Glass Puzzles page is back on Facebook. Log in to leave a comment.

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Re: Large vase marked EAG on base
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 09:26:26 PM »
Hi Trevor

Thanks, it came from an elderly ladies very large collection of mainly Victorian uranium and Bohemian glass. She sold a large part of her collection to a couple I buy a few pieces from a fair.

It was one of two pieces that did not really match the rest of her collection. I cannot really remember much about the other piece other than I know it was Australian studio glass and was signed . So most likely had a connection to the piece I bought. It was for sale for what seemed like a reasonable price but no one seemed that interested . When I showed a little interest they said it could be £10.00 so I thought that it was worth a gamble.

Thanks for the help and the link.

Roy

Offline ahremck

• Members
Tricia Operated at the Eastern end of Bairnsdale just over the Mitchell River for many years before she and Norm built at Nungurner.  I have visited that studio in the past.   I believe that she used the stamp there.  I am uncertain when she chose to sign, but a later piece I have is signed.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand