No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pantano vase - dreamtime.  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Topnotcher

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Valuing Pantano piece
    • United States
Pantano vase - dreamtime.
« on: April 09, 2017, 04:11:39 AM »
Hi, I'm looking for advice on how/where to get a appraisal on a Pantano case I bought in Australia in 1997. I'm not a glass collector but fell in love with this vase. Sorry for the low quality photos, I have a friend who will photograph next week.  Right now, just looking to appraise but if life circumstances change, we may look at selling some day. I am in the US. Midwest.

Offline brewster

• Members
    • Australia
Re: Pantano vase - dreamtime.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 10:27:18 PM »
We don't get involved in valuations on this site, mainly because prices are so variable with time, place and presentation.

Here is what I've learnt from Google. There was an auction in Sydney in 2015 with lots of Pantano including Dreamtime. Here is the link.

Trevor
See my blog on Australian studio glass. There is now a Facebook page with Australian glass news.
The Glass Puzzles page is back on Facebook. Log in to leave a comment.

Offline Topnotcher

• Members
    • Valuing Pantano piece
    • United States
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 11:20:57 PM »
Oh thanks, I should have phrased this better, I wasn't looking for this group to give me a specific valuation, I was looking for advice on how I can get an appraisal, I need it for insurance purpose but also wanted to get an idea of value in case we ever need to sell. Although it's nice to hear what people may think the range would be and I appreciate the link you sent. I should have probably asked this specifically:  Are appraisals usually done in person or can you get one by sending out photos? And do any of the members have a recommendation of where I can get an appraisal for this Pantano vase?  Thanks again for the help from this rookie.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 04:45:44 AM »
Hi and welcome to the board. Your images seem to have a problem in that they are showing as zero size links only. Could you please add them back to the board so we can look at the topic again? Many thanks.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Topnotcher

• Members
    • Valuing Pantano piece
    • United States
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 02:22:41 PM »
Hopefully this will work. For some reason, the preview option isn't working for me. Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand