No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: James Derbyshire & Brother RD 218988 of 29 May 1868 - uranium glass sugar bowl  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Mike  -  not sure I understand what you're looking for - in the way of original factory drawings for Registrations, I mean.

Do you mean more drawings of Rd. 218988 - or are you thinking of another Registration No. entirely?

Offline thewingedsphinx

• Members
    • Victorian pressed glass
    • United Kingdom
Hi Paul, yes that’s right do you know if there are any other drawings of rd 218988, thanks for replying cheers Mike

Offline Paul S.

• Members
attached are various separate takes of the single factory image held at TNA at Kew  -  I'm fairly sure there aren't any more factory drawings for this Registration.      What is it that you're looking for in particular - regarding this one?

These three aren't in fact three separate pictures in the Representations book  -  there is in fact one factory drawing only, and I've made three separate images with some taken in close-up to help show greater detail.

Do these sharper quality pix answer your question?

Offline thewingedsphinx

• Members
    • United Kingdom
Thanks Paul for that, I was hoping for one with the vase and one with the pedestal sugar with a lid. Or any other pieces come to think of it. Thanks for your time. Can anyone go to Kew and look at the records and take photos? Cheers Mike

Offline neilh

• Members
Yes you just need to register on site with the National Archives and you get a card valid for a year - or that was the case last time I was there. Then you can marvel at the fact that all our national treasures are stored directly under the Heathrow flightpath and hope no aircraft ever come down and incinerate the whole collection.

On this registration don't forget that the pictures are often a representative sample of a wider tableware set which may run to 30-40 different shapes. Of this particular one, I have also seen the creamer, a celery and a tankard.

Offline thewingedsphinx

• Members
    • United Kingdom
Thanks for the info Neil, the colours we have are frosted, Vaseline yellow and uranium green, do you recall any other colours?
Cheers Mike
When I get a chance I’ll do a group shot.

Offline neilh

• Members
That's the colour range for their tableware pieces as far as I know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand