Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Belgium and the Netherlands Glass

Info on this Val St Lambert vase?

(1/2) > >>

Daniel:
After finding this handsome piece gathering dust in the back of a dealer's bookshelf, I spent the better part of two days searching the internet for information on it.  Luckily I happened on this board, where quite a few of you seem to be as thrilled with Val St Lambert as I am now!

The piece is 17 inches high, 4.5 inches wide at the mouth.  It is dark, cobalt blue with green designs layered inside.  Anyone know anything about it?  Hopefully it's not fake ;)

Thank you,
Daniel

Anne Tique:
Personally, there's not much I can tell you, besides that it's not a fake.

Even though it is not old, there's not much info to be found in books etc. as this type of glass from VSL wasn't and still isn't, very popular. I guess it's often considered to be related to the Studio Crystal by VSL but it's not.

The label and signature Studio Crystal were given to pieces done during demo's and are at the bottom of the market. Studio pieces that were not done during demo's were catalogued under 'Art & Design' and perhaps it's part of these series. There was a whole philosophy and theory behing the A & D series, I've mentioned a bit about this movement over here http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php?topic=58493.10

Some pieces designed by Juliette Féard, executed by Antoine Cimino have similarities, but i'm just guessing here, and they are displayed in catalogues dating from 1995-2005.

Nice size though.

Daniel:
Thanks for the lead!

It's really a great piece, even if I can't find much about it, it generates a lot of conversation. I'll keep an eye out for information; this looks like it will be great fun!

Daniel

wiskyblandi1:
Large and beautiful vase.

chopin-liszt:
While you say this is the "bottom" end of VSL, Anne, I love it and have an interest in it because of Sam Herman and Louis le Loup being involved.

I'm more than happy to be a bottom, if that's what that makes me. ;D
Folk will catch up eventually. 8)

I love this vase. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version