No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Henry Greener milk glass lion footed (or something else) sugar bowl for show.  (Read 1430 times)

Offline brucebanner

• Members
    • Victorian glass
    • United Kingdom
I can not see this on here or in the glass gallery unless i'm searching wrong, almost all the lozenge is blurred.

4 inches in height and 5 1/2 inches in diameter across the rim.

Regards Chris.
Chris Parry

Offline brucebanner

• Members
    • Victorian glass
    • United Kingdom
Re: Henry Greener milk glass lion footed sugar bowl for show.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 02:50:49 PM »
shot of lozenge.
Chris Parry

Offline Paul S.

• Members
first period mark then Chris  -  c. 1875 - 85.           With great embarrassment have to say that I've looked at my Kew pix and can't see this one  - obviously I've overlooked it.           there are something like twenty separate Registrations for Henry Green during this period of the lozenge marks  -  if Fred doesn't know what it is, I'll make a point of going to Kew shortly.

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
I'm pretty sure that I haven't seen this pattern before, so any help gratefully accepted as to potential RD candidate.

Fred.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
those feet are unusual - mostly feet like this are snail feet.          Anyway, I'll visit Kew in the coming days and fingers crossed will find which RD. Being rather ignorant of such pieces, from H. Greener, were the factory known for making pieces in what appears to be milk glass?

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
There are quite a few examples of Henry Greener patterns / designs, registered and unregistered, from the 1875-1885 period in white opaque glass.

Photos of a few below.

Fred.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
thanks Fred  -  bit late now, but will try to nail the unknowns in the coming days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand