No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need ID help please  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Lholdem

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • USA
Need ID help please
« on: September 06, 2017, 02:48:57 AM »
My grandfather had hundreds of paperweights and passed a few onto each of the children/grandchildren. I'm not planning on keeping them around so wondering what these are to list them properly to sell.
1. Egg shaped one in pictures- markings say (I believe) MSH 83 TT 143
2.  Blue and white patterned - also has a stopper that I have temporarily misplaced - markings as far as I can tell: DAF GV 32

Thank you so much for your help.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Need ID help please
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »
Hi Lholdem, welcome to the Board.

Firstly, your images are too small to see detail, but don't worry, lots of people have the same problem.  In the Board Information, Help and Announcements forum we have some suggestions for resizing images to it the board limits whilst also retaining a large enough image to show detail. See TECHIE TIPS: Resizing images to fit the board

Also, we like to keep items separate for ID requests and in particular we like to keep paperweights separate from general glass items. Please make a new thread for the Vase and place it in the general Glass forum.

I, or another moderator, will tidy up the threads where necessary.

If you have difficulties with the pic resizing, just post a reply here and further help will be given.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand