No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stuart Registration No. 705826 dated 24.05.1924  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Stuart Registration No. 705826 dated 24.05.1924
« on: November 23, 2017, 04:19:45 PM »
It's an ill wind etc., and this one came out of my search for Stuart's factory drawing for their Stratford 'salt', as posted in recent days by David.           I failed to find the Kew image for the salt, probably because I'd made an assumption that it would be found post 1922, and in fact it didn't surface despite looking through to 1930.     So, am fairly sure it's one of the twenty odd Registrations which occur in the two years of 1921 and 1922  -  just that I thought I'd done all of those  -  obviously not, so will have to continue my the search for the salt on the next visit.

Meantime, here is an attractive bowl - allocated Reg. No. 705826 dated 24th May 1924 - unusual for Stuart in that it shows a cut pattern - and on the face of it this might suggest that protection was for both the shape and cutting - but really not sure.              Almost all of Stuart Registrations from this period show a plain outline shape.                I've looked through the Glass Gallery Stuart archive, but wasn't aware of seeing this Reg. No.  -  Fred will probably now tell me otherwise ;)
Comments if you wish please.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand