No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kenyan Wildlife Glasses Help to Identify  (Read 1500 times)

Offline bartedu78

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • crystal decanters
    • United Kingdom
Re: Kenyan Wildlife Glasses Help to Identify
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 06:56:36 PM »
And another.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline bartedu78

• Members
    • crystal decanters
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 07:14:19 PM »
Thank you for your response. Thanks to your hints I did manage to add some photos using       http://www.imageoptimizer.net/.
If you have time you may take a look at the item. Photos are in some of my quotes. Do you know if I can add photos on the top, I mean to my original post at the top - if so I will do it with my next post.
Thanks once again and Happy New Year

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline bartedu78

• Members
    • crystal decanters
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 07:27:44 PM »
Thank you all for your help.
Thanks to Paul S I did manage to post some photos here- much easier when I got a directions to the hints.

chopin-liszt gave me some more and here we go = photos attached.
Thank you both Laird and nigelbenson I got a trace leading to the Engraver. Thank very much guys. I visited the 20c glass shop and website linked to the nigelbenson  and found it really impressive.
I did research the mentioned Rowland Ward and looks like my glasses have slightly different design- the leaves on trees are not so deep cut and grass is different but I am not sure.
If you could help me any more when you have time it will be great.
Thanks you all and Happy New Year.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2017, 08:42:04 PM »
Hi  -  glad to see you managed to resolve the matter of posting pix, and am sure the Moderators will tidy up your double posting issue.     Regarding your question re the ability to add pix to earlier posts ...............   The Board has a facility which allows modification to posts by the creator of the thread - but this facility has a rather short life-span of something like 30 minutes or thereabouts.                  Anything older is out of bounds to members, but in extreme cases if there is a genuine need to add or alter an earlier contribution, then the Mods. can usually be persuaded to amend, or add, to our comments.

In the meantime just to say that there is no need to keep repeating earlier quotes - I think most of us can follow the content of a given thread - assuming it's not spread over many years (as sometimes happens) :)

Regret I'm unable to help with provenance of your glass - but fingers crossed that someone is able to add a little more information that will be of interest to you.

Sincere thanks for your Good Wishes for the New Year, which am sure others here will wish to reciprocate. :)

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2017, 09:14:06 PM »
Hi Bartedu78,

As Paul has kindly said, your duplicate posting and repeated quoting of the initial post, can be tidied up by a Moderator - and while I am here, I will do that soon. Also, the time allowed for a member to change their own post is 1 hour.

For the purpose of additional details or images, it is only necessary to use the "Reply" button below the last post in a thread.

And ... from the titles of your photos ... I guess it would be reasonable to say:
Dobre życzenia na Nowy Rok
KevinH

Offline Laird

• Members
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 11:06:29 AM »
Retuning to this topic, I have a 'wildlife' beer mug given to me in Kenya as a presentation gift.
I have taken a couple of (poor) photos which I attach here.
The glass is marked on the base ARC (the maker) and the numerals 22, which I assume is a pattern number.
The mug has a buffalo under a tree on one side and the presentation inscription on the other.
It seems to be signed, but I am unable to decipher it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand