No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Please help ID this beautiful vase - ID = Daniel Baroy, France  (Read 4047 times)

Offline rachnathanking

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass
    • UK
Please help ID this beautiful vase - ID = Daniel Baroy, France
« on: January 17, 2016, 05:39:02 PM »
Hello,

This vase is very pretty.

It is signed. Looks like it says J Baroy 03?

It measures 7" high and approx 4" wide at the base and 1.75" wide at the top.

It weighs 535g

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: Please help ID this beautiful vase.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 01:47:17 AM »
Signatures are notoriously difficult to photograph - especially when the object is patterned.  One way is to take it outside and using the sky as your light source take a photo from a very shallow angle(as opposed to straight on).  This will show the base as light(due to reflection) and the writing as dark(because it does not reflect).  See an example using a vase I own.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 02:08:28 PM »
And if Ross's suggestion does not do the trick, try a little talcum powder (or similar) rubbed gently across the signature. After blowing the excess away, the signature should be more visible in white.
KevinH

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 11:08:38 AM »
Your vase is signed. D Baroy (little d), a French glass artist. His first name is Daniel.
I also have a piece of his and thought that the d was a J until I also notice he signed his last name without using a capital letter too.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand