No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Please help identify these wedding present goblets  (Read 973 times)

Offline cpnphoenix

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
Please help identify these wedding present goblets
« on: April 10, 2018, 06:14:07 PM »
My parents received 12 crystal-cut glass goblets when they got married, but over the years the stock has become somewhat depleted due to accidents! I would love to buy them some replacements but can't find the make anywhere online. Any help would be VERY appreciated!

Height: 165mm
Diameter & width of base: 70mm
Width of rim: 1mm
Weight: 330 grams

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Please help identify these wedding present goblets
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 06:33:28 PM »
Assuming there isn't a backstamp (name of maker) on the underside of the foot, and that no one recognizes the pattern, then id can be very difficult  -  there are literally thousands of patterns of cut drinking glasses, and made in many countries.

Whilst you're waiting patiently, you might try a States based internet replacements retail outlet by the name of Replacementsdotcom - just put a dot instead of the word - of course you might have already tried that and come up with nothing.              In which case it might be a lot easier to buy your parents another full set of twelve glasses in a pattern you consider they might appreciate.           Just as a matter of interest, though I can't imagine for a moment it will help, approximately how long ago might the set have been purchased?    I mention this as some of the once best known names in cut glass production, are now no longer - and for some years before their demise had their production sourced from outside the U.K. - this give rise to disappointment when replacements are purchased and found to differ in size and possibly pattern too.          So a little caution needed even assuming you do find what is listed as the identical pattern.

Best of luck. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline cpnphoenix

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 02:21:30 PM »
Thank you for the advice, I have now tried the replacements website but unfortunately they drew a blank! The glasses were given as a present in the late 80s. Thank you also for the words of caution, though I will still keep looking!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline brucebanner

• Members
    • Victorian glass
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 05:35:18 PM »
They are either harbridge or Bridge crystal. It gets called Bridge Crystal sea witch for some reason, your best bet it to ebay stuart crystal Cheltenham as it gets mixed up, the knop is upside down.
Chris Parry

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand