No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Globe vase embossed made in France  (Read 3708 times)

Offline cdm1christopher

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass
    • UK
Globe vase embossed made in France
« on: April 18, 2018, 06:09:54 PM »
Hi All
can anyone help on this one.  Globe vase malchite/jade globe vase with leaf berry decoration.  Mould blown with darker areas added.  The central circular parts have been polished the rest is a frosted/satin finish.  The base is embossed made in France 148 then above and below this is mad/made which are faint marks.  So these I would assume stand for made but no follow on text.

Now this is where it gets interesting this particular pattern is listed as pearl mist by Cambridge glass USA 1930s.  Now I know Cambridge glass did at one stage buy in many glass moulds from other glass companies so my question is has anybody got any ideas on whom this vase may have been made by?  I think this maybe a mystery but any help most welcome.

Cheers Chris

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
Re: Globe vase embossed made in France
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 09:34:20 AM »
Hello Christopher,

This is not an easy one as the markings are so basic, but the style and finishing, as in quality,  remind me a bit of M Model. Unfortunately there's not much info out there that I could find   :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand