No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Please help identify this glassware - ID = Hineri, Japan.  (Read 8453 times)

Offline kwqd

• Members
  • Random collector.
    • Art glass
    • United States
Re: Please help identify this glassware - ID = Hineri, Japan.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 12:50:44 PM »
Enjoy! I no longer collect paintings as I ran out of wall space years ago. I started that site maybe 15 years ago. If I see a painting that needs rescuing and is not too large, I will occasionally pick one up, Don't think I've done that since 2018... I keep the site up as a resource for others. I still frequently get emails from various types of people... There is no glass on that site, just paintings, sculptures, etc.
Glass mutt. I collect anything I like & find interesting & is of reasonable quality.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 01:01:01 PM »
 :) Painting is a huge field. We'd rather an original by an unknown artist than any print , and we ought to be supporting contemporary artists anyway.  ;D
My partner and I have different ideas about wall space. I seem to think we have a lot more than he does.
Galleries display them in more than one line around a room, don't they?
It's a really wonderful resource you have created there. It's going to keep me entertained for ages. :-*
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline kwqd

• Members
  • Random collector.
    • Art glass
    • United States
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2020, 03:54:51 PM »
I am OK with limited edition prints, hand pulled by the artist, signed and numbered, also monotypes, etc., and have a few.

I use the salon style approach to displaying artwork and have ten foot ceilings in my Victorian home, so have floor to ceiling artwork and wall to wall, about 900 of my 2000+ painting collection are on display at all times. Each to his or her own aesthetic, though.

I never suffer from a lack of things to look at and am constantly rediscovering my collection. I took a quick look for some images of my house but couldn't find any. I will post some later, if I find them...
Glass mutt. I collect anything I like & find interesting & is of reasonable quality.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2020, 04:34:58 PM »
We'll be cafe-d soon. And we can't post pics there. Our house is victorian too - and came with picture rails. Himself decided that means one layer only. ::)
It's his house, I don't get a vote. I just chose it, furnished it and designed everything in it. ;D
I loved your story about the Welsh painting and your probable ancestor smuggling his lady-love out in a chest... what a romantic tale, but I'll bet it was one of fear at the time.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand