No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mid-century barware information  (Read 1398 times)

Offline furtherelement

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • vintage barware
    • Atlanta GA
Mid-century barware information
« on: March 27, 2018, 09:02:51 PM »
Hello good people- wondered if anyone might know anything about some vintage barware I recently acquired.  These were retrieved from my wife's grandmother's belongings when she passed away.  They're beautiful gold, black and orange, with two similar designs.  One version all the graphics are 'solid' shapes, and in the other the gold is scalloped as it appears on these rocks glasses. 

Any information would be greatly appreciated! 
Thanks!
-Matt

Mod: The very large (1.5 megabyte) image embedded by use of "img tags" has been removed as it could cause problems for some users especially those viewing via mobile phone. A copy of the image has been reduced to a size (pixel & Kb) acceptable for the Board and is shown below as a clickable thumbnail.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Mid-century barware information
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 11:16:27 AM »
I would start by looking at Gay Fad glass

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 02:31:03 AM »
Hi Matt, welcome to the GMB.

Please note the "Mod" comment I have added to your initial post regarding your image file. We prefer images to be added directly to the Board using the "Attach:" function below the Message Post box. This avoids not only problems with data transfer limits for some users, but also the sudden loss of 3rd party hosted images.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline furtherelement

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • vintage barware
    • Atlanta GA
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 03:47:50 PM »
It turns out these glasses were made by Anchor Hocking, distributed as "Anchorglass".  I found a set of four glasses that included a similar motif, still in their original box.  Interesting that there are still a number of glasses with this design to be found, but I've never seen them identified as an Anchor Hocking product.  I've contacted Oneida (which now owns Anchor Hocking), as well as a glass museum in Ohio (where they were manufactured) to see if any additional information is available, but nothing yet.   

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand