No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Trying to find epergne fittings!  (Read 8048 times)

Offline heartofglass

• Members
Trying to find epergne fittings!
« on: January 30, 2016, 12:08:30 PM »
Okay, it's not strictly glass but definitely glass - related...I am trying, but having no luck in locating spare brass (or any other type of metal) fittings for a Victorian glass epergne.  They are the very useful little parts that hold the glass trumpets in place. I have a peloton glass epergne bowl that needs a trumpet (not so hard to find - there seems to be plenty of spare glass epergne trumpets out there) - and even more importantly, a brass fitting to hold that trumpet.
I know that there are some modern repro epergnes being made, so obviously the brass fittings are also still in production. I have even tried contacting a glassmaker who makes these repro Victorian style glass epergnes asking where he gets the brass fittings from but have not had a reply.  :(
Yes, I am searching on eBay. And pretty much everywhere else, but without success. I know there are folks who collect epergnes, maybe even determined types who fix up ones with lost parts...(I must admit I can't resist buying odd bits of orphan glass like fairy lamp & epergne spare parts, trying to remake the original rather than spending huge sums on perfect items.  ;))
So, if there's any epergne enthusiasts out there, can you please get in touch if you know where to obtain those elusive brass fittings? I would love to do some epergne DIY & get mine restored to it's former glory! :)

Marinka.
More glass than class!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline malcmat

• Members
    • cheshire
Re: Trying to find epergne fittings!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 04:15:48 PM »
Hi , I have over the years had vintage metal light fittings from this U/K shop and know they have some stock of certain fittings but do not know if they have what you are looking for. Its worth a phone call / email you might strike lucky.
Agapanthus interiors,
tel 07792 875 038
info@agapanthusinteriors.com
www.agapanthusinteriors.com

Malcolm

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline brucebanner

• Members
    • Victorian glass
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 05:54:59 PM »
Ive picked up a small collection of fittings any of these any good?.
Chris Parry

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline suewhisper

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • england
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 05:32:21 PM »
Hi,
I am looking for epergne fittings and I have hit a brick wall searched ebay and the web. I am looking for either a replacement  brass holder/fitting or a glass one.
I have a 3 small flutes which have quite narrow knecks 1 has the original brass cap on and two missing also the large centre  flute has the cap missing at the bottom the glass holder I have seems too big and wont hold the centre flute.

Does anyone know where you can get them from please?

I have tried agapanthus and they dont stock anything like it.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand