No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: VSL vase glass  (Read 4410 times)

guest13756

VSL vase glass
« on: January 20, 2019, 11:03:49 AM »
Hello ,

Can someone tell you which type of vase this is and which year?
Vsl marker
Height 25 cm
Top 15 cm
Botom 10 cm
Thx

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
Re: VSL vase glass
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 03:49:13 PM »
Hello, this model is called 'Cedre'.

It appears in the catalogue of 1953 and I also have it in the 1956 and 1958 catalogue but all are 23 cm high, so a little bit smaller than your vase.

In the 1973 catalogue it is slightly larger, at 25 cm so I guess it dates from that period but I don't know how long it was still in production for after that. I have no documentation from the 80ies and it doesn't appear anymore in the 90ies...they must have worn the mould out by then  ;)

Like the other vases you have shown here, it is pressed and at VSL they always called this semi-crystal, glass that contains  slightly less lead than their cut pieces.

Hope this helps,

Anne.

guest13756

Re: VSL vase glass
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 06:10:45 PM »
Anne,

I passed it wrong, the vase is indeed 23 cm, so from the 50s.
Thank you for your advice and expertise....

Thx

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand