No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 3-section salad bowl, possibly a Brockwitz pattern. ID = Inwald  (Read 3516 times)

Offline LinzC

• Members
    • NE England Glass History
    • UK
    • Heart of Glass
I have no history for this bowl, other than my mum picked it up in a charity shop a few years ago because she thought it was unusual.

The bowl measures 25cm diameter and approx. 7cm tall.  It has a fixed glass divider sectioning the bowl into three, similar to those in the bowls in the 1931 Brockwitz catalogue, tafel 41. (on glas musterbuch)

The reason I say that it looks like a Brockwitz pattern is because there is a plate and a dish in the 1926 Brockwitz catalogue that looks to be incredibly similar. (also on glas musterbuch) Tafel 061, No 8070 & Tafel 88, No 9017.

It is similar to Davidson design 303519 but it doesn't have the patterning along the bands.

If anybody has any ideas I'd be grateful.

Offline LinzC

• Members
    • NE England Glass History
    • UK
    • Heart of Glass
Re: 3-section salad bowl, possibly a Brockwitz pattern
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 11:37:53 AM »
Just answered my own question!  ;D

Found it in a Josef Inwald catalogue, pattern 6891, c.1925-1935.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand