No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Anyone bought the New Hieremans Book on SVdA?  (Read 2131 times)

Offline ardy

• Members
Anyone bought the New Hieremans Book on SVdA?
« on: March 11, 2019, 07:15:52 AM »
Hi All just wondering if anyone has bought this book. I have a couple of pieces of SVdA (I suspect) and would appreciate a hand in ID'ing them.

As I collect ASeguso it is not worth it to me. Pity our library doesn't have it.

If someone is happy to assist then I will post the items.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Anyone bought the New Hieremans Book on SVdA?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 08:33:21 AM »
I have a copy, happy to take a look Ardy.

John

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 10:32:28 PM »
Thanks a lot John, I have one piece coming and another here. Will post both when I have them.
regards
Archimede tops my list.

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 05:46:24 AM »
hi John, this is the first one and I am delighted with it. I am pretty sure it is Svda but would love some confirmation and also a manufacture date. The person I bought it from thought it was made by A.Seguso so the date would be interesting as far as that goes.

It weighs 800g and is 25cm high and about 12cm wide. Not sure if the pictures show it but it has gold in it a bit like baroviour and toso but much lighter. I have seen a couple with this work one of which was labeled Svda.

Thanks for having a look for me.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 05:52:33 AM »
Picture of gold layers inside it.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 08:03:45 AM »
Yes to SVDA, page 250 shows two vases made with the same techniques but without the red lines included in yours, so they are clear glass with gold. One vase is the same shape as yours but a bit larger at 32cm.

One of the vases in the book is dated 1949 and the vase with the same shape as yours is dated 1958 (model 12023), they are described as incrociato oro, design Flavio Poli. So very prestigious!

Gotta rush out now but will look for more info tonight.

John

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 10:58:59 AM »
Okay, did not find any further info but I notice that in my haste I made a couple of mistakes. The two vases shown on page 250 are not made in exactly the same manner and only the first (and not yours) is described as incrociato oro.

The other info for your vase remains though I think, design Flavio Poli in 1958, not sure if the pattern number would be the same because of the difference in sizes. The addition of the red lines might also imply a different pattern number as well as date of production...

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 05:27:01 AM »
John thanks a lot very interesting. I guess that if mine is the 1958 model then it could not have been made by Archimede Seguso..Maybe the 1949 one was manufactured by him when he was working there. Hard to tell, but that could be how the seller thought it had been made by him.
Archimede tops my list.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand